We will begin workouts for all North Shore Striders at Peabody HS on Thursday, April 27th at 6 pm or whenever you get there.
These workouts are sometimes on the road, sometimes on Brooksby Farms trails, sometimes on a nearby hill, sometimes on the track, and sometimes a combination of all of these.
You can park in front of the stadium and warm up on the track unless there is a Peabody HS game of field hockey or soccer taking place in which case we move to the always empty parking lot on the other side (the right side) of the high school. In that parking lot go to the right rear of the parking lot.
No matter how slow or how fast you think you are, please come to this workout where the coach puts participants in compatible groups running or run/walking at the same pace. And always remember that this is not a high school team where winning is the most important thing. This is a club where you achieving your goals (distance, time, or running however you want to run) is most important.
- If you are arriving after 6 because of work or family obligations, that is okay. Join us anyway. Call if you can.
- If you can remember the time you ran for your last race, that will help the coach place you in a compatible group.
- If you’ve never run a race before, you can join the “Never Run a Race Before” group.
- If you’ve never even run before, you can join the “Walk-to-Run” group.
- There is no additional fee for these workouts for members of the North Shore Striders.
- If you haven’t paid your 2017 membership dues yet, please go to https://www.northshorestriders.com/membership/new-membership-form/ and rejoin.