In addition to the Run for All Ages last Saturday, there is news from the North Shore Striders women’s long distance running group.
Over the weekend, Kate Gage ran the Fort Myers Half Marathon in Florida and was the F40-49 Silver Medalist in 1:39:20.3.
On Sunday, at the Manchester City Marathon, the USATF/NE 2016 Marathon Championship, three North Shore Striders competed:
- Rosie Kyes ran 4:08:44, which positioned her as 11th F45-49, and maybe as high as 6th place among F45-49 in the USATF/NE competition.
- Denise Young ran 5:06:14.9, which positioned her as 9th F55-59, and maybe as high as 6th place among F55-59 in the USATF/NE competition.
- Annajean McMahon ran 5:06:16, which positioned her as 2nd F60-64, and maybe as high as 1st place among F60-64 in the USATF/NE competition.
The final results for the 2016 USATF/NE Grand Prix are posted and they show that:
- Annajean McMahon was 1st W60-64 in the New England Marathon Championship
- Denise Young was 6th W55-59 in the New England Marathon Championship
- Rosie Kyes was 6th W45-49 in the New England Marathon Championship
In the Final Rankings for individuals competing in the USA Track and Field New England Grand Prix series,
- Anita Robboy is 2nd W70+
- Annajean McMahon is 4th W60-64
- Rosie Kyes is 9th W45-49
- Denise Young is 10th W55-59
- Bonnie Hallinan is 10th W65-69
- Linda Desjardins is 11th W65-69
- Mike Pelletier is 18th M70+
- Bill Kobus is 20th M60-64
- Dave Newhall is 21st M70+
In team competition, based on the entire seven races in the USATF/NE GP,
- NSS Men’s 70+ Team is 2/4
- NSS Women’s 60+ Team is 4/5
- NSS Men’s 60+ Team is 8/11
- NSS Women’s 50+ Team is 9/11
- NSS Women’s 40+ Team is 12/15
By completing all seven races of the USATF/NE Grand Prix, Rosie, Denise, and Annajean each earned a coveted Ironrunner jacket from USATF/NE.