North Shore Striders 2018 Grand Prix Race Series & USATF-NE Grand Prix Schedule
2018 Grand Prix Standings (updated often!)
Timed races (10)
- Finisher’s placement within age division determines points in NSS age group. Minimum of 5 points.
- Intra-club team participation points: 5 per race.
|NSS Grand Prix||USATF-NE Grand Prix races|
|Date||Race, Location||Distance(s)||3/18 New Bedford 1/2 M|
|3/31 15K (Upton,MA)|
|April 7 Sat||Firefighter James Rice 5K, Peabody||5K|
|4/29 (Sun) USATF 10K National Masters Championship (James Joyce Ramble, Dedham)|
|May 2 Wed||Lake Quannapowitt, Wakefield (free for NSS club members, but donation for charity appreciated)||5K|
|May 17 Thurs||Back Shore 5M, Gloucester||5M|
|6/17 (Sun) Ribfest 5M Merrimac, NH|
|June 18 Mon||Wiener Run, Hamilton||10K|
|July 13 Fri||Miles Over the Moon, Salem||4M|
|July 31 Tues||Yankee Homecoming Race, Newburyport||10M/5K|
|Aug 22 Wed||Lynn Woods Relay, Lynn||2.5M x 4 runners||8/25 (Sat) NH 10-Miler (Auburn, NH)|
|9/16 (Sun) Downtown 5K (Providence, RI)|
|Sept. 30 Sun||Lone Gull, Gloucester||10K||9/30 Lone Gull 10K|
|Oct||10/21 Baystate Marathon (Lowell,MA)|
|Nov. 3 Sat||Run for All Ages, Wakefield||5K|
|Dec. 9 Sun||Run-a-Latke, Swampscott||5K|
- Participation: 5 Intra-club team points per race since no individual times are available.
|June 22 Fri 6:30 pm||Beverly HS Relays, Beverly||2 M x 3 runners|
|December 2 Sun||Mill Cities Relay, Nashua to Lawrence||3-5 runners, mixed distances|
Strider Volunteer Races (3)
- Participation by volunteering or running: 5 Intra-club team points per race.
|January 28||Stew Chase, Lynnfield||15K|
|May 28||Dory Run, Swampscott||5K|
|June 13||Louise Rossetti Race, Beverly||5K|
Additional scoring information:
- To qualify for age-group awards, runners must meet minimum requirements: age 0-49, 5 timed races; age 50-59, 4 timed races; age 60-69, 3 timed races; age 70-79, 2 timed races; age 80+, 1 timed race.
- To become an Iron Runner, a club member must participate in a minimum of 12 events (80% of total), in any combination of running or volunteering. Iron Runners receive a special award such as a jacket or sweatshirt at the Annual Awards Night.
Race Times for NSS Races
- Louise Rossetti. Beverly Wednesday 6/13. 6:30 pm
- Wiener Run , Hamilton, Monday 6/18 , 6:30 pm
- Beverly Relays, Beverly, Friday 6/22, 6:30 pm
- Miles Over The Moon, Salem, Friday 7/13, 8:00 pm
- Yankee Homecoming, Newburyport, Tuesday 7/31, 5K 6:00 pm, 10 Mile 6:10 pm
- Lynn Woods Relay, Lynn, Wednesday 8/22, 6:00 pm
- Lone Gull, Gloucester, Sun 9/30, 9:00 am
- Run for All Ages, Wakefield, Saturday 11/3, 10:00 am
- Mill Cities Relay, Nashua to Lawrence, Sunday 12/2 8:00 am
- Run-a-latte, Swampscott, Sunday 12/9, 11:00 am