Information on the 2019 Grand Prix is now available! We’ll add information on standings and progress as time permits and the running weather gets better.
Timed races (12):
- Finisher’s placement within age division determines points in NSS age group. Minimum of 5 points.
- Intra-club team participation points: 5 per race.
|NSS Grand Prix||USATF-NE Grand Prix races|
|Date||Race, Location||Distance(s)||3/17 New Bedford 1/2 M|
|3/30 15K (Upton,MA)|
|April 6 Sat 9am||Firefighter James Rice 5K, Peabody||5K|
|4/28 (Sun) USATF 10K National Masters Championship (Dedham)|
|May 1 Wed
|Lake Quannapowitt, Wakefield (free for NSS club members, but donation for charity appreciated)||5K|
|May 11 Sat 9 am||Chelsea Chase 5K, Chelsea||5K|
|5/18 (Sat) 1 pm Westfield 5K Westfield MA|
|June 17 Mon 10K at 6:30 ; Kids at 5:30||Wiener Run, Hamilton||10K|
|July 12 Fri 8pm||Miles Over the Moon, Salem||4M|
|July 30th Tu 5K at 6;10M at 6:10||Yankee Homecoming Race, Newburyport||10M/5K|
|Aug 4, Sunday 8am||Bridge and Back 10K, Salem||10K|
|8/10 (Sat) 9 am
Bridge of Flowers 8 km (Shelburne Falls, MA)
|Aug 21 Wed 6 pm||Lynn Woods Relay, Lynn||2.5M x 4 runners||8/24 (Sat) 8 am NH 10-Miler (Auburn, NH)|
|Sept. 22 Sun 9am||Lone Gull, Gloucester||10K||9/22 9 am Lone Gull 10K|
|10/27 8:30 am Cape Cod Marathon (Falmouth,MA)|
|Nov. 2 Sat 10 am||Run for All Ages, Wakefield||5K|
|Dec. 15 Sun||Festivus 5K, Salem||5K|
|Dec. 22 Sun||Run-a-Latke, Swampscott||5K|
- Participation: 5 Intra-club team points per race since no individual times are available. Striders who volunteer at the Mill Cities Relay instead of running will also earn 5 points.
|June 21th Fri 6:30 pm||Beverly HS Relays, Beverly||2 M x 3 runners|
|December 8th Sun 8am||Mill Cities Relay, Nashua to Lawrence||3-5 runners, mixed distances|
Strider Volunteer Races (2)
- Participation by volunteering or running: 5 Intra-club team points per race.
|January 27||Stew Chase, Lynnfield||15K|
|June 12th 6:30 pm||Louise Rossetti Race, Beverly||5K|
Additional scoring information:
- To qualify for age-group awards, runners must meet minimum requirements: age 0-49, 5 timed races; age 50-59, 4 timed races; age 60-69, 3 timed races; age 70-79, 2 timed races; age 80+, 1 timed race.
- To become an Iron Runner, a club member must participate in a minimum of 11 events (70% of total), in any combination of running or volunteering. Iron Runners receive a special award such as a jacket or sweatshirt at the Annual Awards Night.