Since 2006, the Nahant 30K Road Race has been an ideal race for runners training for a fall marathon. The challenging course follows rural streets along the rolling hills of the Nahant coastline with spectacular ocean views at every mile. This year, it has been designated by the USA Track and Field New England as part of the USATF-NE Grand Prix Series.
Date and Location:
Sunday, September 29th, 2013
Nahant Beach Reservation, Ward Bath House, Nahant Causeway, Nahant, MA 01908
Start Time: 8:30AM
Directions: From the Nahant Rotary in Lynn, exit towards Nahant. Drive to the end of the Nahant causeway. Turn left at Wilson Rd and left again in front of Dunkin Donuts to enter the Nahant Beach Reservation parking lot. Drive back through the parking lot and park near the Ward Bath House.
Course: Voted “Toughest Race” in 2012 by the North Shore Road Race Guide, the Nahant 30K is a hilly and scenic course through the quiet streets of Nahant, wheel measured and certified by the USATF (sanction number: 11-02-415). Water stops will be available every 3 miles or less. Port-A-John stops every 5 miles or less. Per USATF guidelines, strollers and headphones are not permitted.
Click here for Course Map
Amenities and Awards:
- All finishers will receive a finishers medal
- The first 300 entrants will receive a “Toughest Race on the North Shore” long sleeve, technical t-shirt
- Awards to overall male and female finishers as well as the top 3 male and female finishers in each of the following age divisions: Open (20-39), Masters (40-49), Veterans (50-59), Seniors (60-69), and Super Seniors (70+)
- Awards to top Nahant male and female finishers
- Free race photos available online after the race to download
- Plenty of post-race refreshments!
- $200 cash award to the first USATF male and female finisher (must be registered with USATF)
- Cash awards to USATF registered teams (only USATF registered teams are eligible for cash prizes – see details on registering as a USATF team below). Prize structure as follows:
|1st Place Team||2nd Place Team||3rd Place Team|
USATF Team Registration:
Running clubs registering at least 5 USATF members are eligible for a $2 registration discount. In order to register as a team and receive the discount, please fill in each runner’s information using the attached excel template and send completed form along a check payable to “Nahant 30K Road Race” covering a registration fee of $38 for each runner ($38 x number of runners) if postmarked by September 2nd ($43 thereafter) to:
Nahant 30K – USATF Team Registration
5 Phillips Ave.
Georgetown, MA 01833
Please note: Discounted USATF team registrations must be received no later than September 25th.
Download the USATF Team Registration Template
Male – Dan Vassallo, Peabody, MA, 1:42:23, 2011
Female – Emily Kroshus, Boston, MA, 2:03:10, 2011
Nahant Male – Scott Jason, 2:08:57, 2011
Nahant Female – Aviva Pruzinsky, 2:17:41, 2011
Race director: Gary Freedman, email@example.com