Since 2006, the Nahant 30K Road Race has been an ideal race for runners training for a fall marathon. The challenging course follows rural streets along the rolling hills of the Nahant coastline with spectacular ocean views at every mile.
Date and Location:
Sunday, September 28th, 2014
Start/Finish: Nahant Beach Reservation, Ward Bath House, Nahant Causeway, Nahant, MA
Start Time: 8:30AM
Sunshine Start 7:30AM
Please note: The Sunshine Start is intended for runners averaging an 11:00 minute per mile pace or slower. Services (water stops, course marshals) for participants running faster than 11 min/mile may not be available. Sunshine Start participants are not eligible for any prizes.
Course: Voted “Toughest Race” by the North Shore Road Race Guide, the Nahant 30K is a hilly and scenic course through the quiet streets of Nahant, wheel measured and certified by the USATF (sanction number: 11-02-415). Water stops will be available every 3 miles or less. Port-A-John stops every 5 miles or less. Per USATF guidelines, strollers and headphones are not permitted.
Click here for Course Map
(Please note that this is a 2012 map and should be used for illustrative purposes only, mile markers and some water stops will not be exactly in the same locations as they appear on this map.)
Race Fees: $40 for entries received before September 1st
$45 for entries received before September 25th (race day registration only after the 25th)
$50 on race day
Click here for mail in Registration Form
Amenities and Awards:
- All finishers will receive a finishers medal
- The first 300 entrants will receive a technical t-shirt
- Awards to overall male and female finishers as well as the top 3 male and female finishers in each of the following age divisions: Open (20-39), Masters (40-49), Veterans (50-59), Seniors (60-69), and Super Seniors (70+)
- Awards to top Nahant male and female finishers
- Plenty of post-race refreshments!
- $200 cash award to the first USATF male and female finisher (must be registered with USATF)
- Cash awards to USATF registered teams (only USATF registered teams are eligible for cash prizes – see details on registering as a USATF team below). Prize structure as follows:
|1st Place Team||2nd Place Team||3rd Place Team|
USATF Team Registration:
Running clubs registering at least 5 USATF members are eligible for a $5 registration discount. In order to register as a team and receive the discount, please fill in each runner’s information using the attached excel template and send completed form along a check payable to “Nahant 30K Road Race” covering a registration fee of $35 for each runner ($35 x number of runners) if postmarked by September 2nd ($40 thereafter) to:
Nahant 30K – USATF Team Registration
5 Phillips Ave.
Georgetown, MA 01833
Please note: Discounted USATF team registrations must be received no later than September 25th.
Download the USATF Team Registration Template
Male – Dan Vassallo, Peabody, MA, 1:40:41, 2013
Female – Cheryl Cleary, Rutland, MA, 2:01:05, 2013
Nahant Male – Scott Jason, 2:08:57, 2011
Nahant Female – Aviva Pruzinsky, 2:17:41, 2011
Race director: Gary Freedman, firstname.lastname@example.org